27 Jul 2016

A handful of podcasts I love!


If you are interested in listening to some podcasts, but don't know where to start here are some of my recommendations. Some of them with a sample episode for you to try. Click on the title to get you to the podcast channels. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Coming Soon! - On-soap.com 
Join hosts Jim Archer, Graham Dickson, and Kasey Wilson in a completely improvised podcast as they analyse plot, discuss the directors, and share clips from the actual (made-up) films.

I love the Coming Soon! podcast as it offers lots of laugh out loud moments. The voices are also very relaxing to listen to.

Destination
A podcast which is a weekly 15 minute improvised car journey. I find this podcast hilarious and it's always completely different.The episodes are so great that binged listened to every episode over a few days. They also have extra episodes that are recorded live and ones that are called 'Arrival' where the cast talk about the episode they have just recorded.

Destination is an improvised podcast created and produced in London by Katy Schutte and Tony Harris.



With special guest Lauren Lapkus
Really great comedy guests and Lauren does various characters.

Each episode the guest is the host. Take a seat with Lauren as she passes off her hosting duties to a new funny friend every week.





Hollywood Handbook 
Hollywood Handbook is an insider’s guide to achieving your showbiz dreams from two A-List it-boys who are living theirs. Hayes and Sean provide an exclusive VIP backstage pass into Tinseltown politics, answer questions from unsuccessful listeners, and bring in famous guests to discuss their craft and how they became what they are (famous).

I am currently making my way through these episodes. So far, I love the improvisation from celebrity guests and very random subjects. 



Big Magic / The Magic lessons podcast
This is the podcast that gave me that little push to get on with my own podcasting projects. The episodes inspire you to get on with your creative dream.The Magic Lessons episodes work hand in hand with Elizabeth Gilbert's book Big Magic, which is a great read!



Comedy Bang! Bang!
I love the randomness of this podcast and they have some very cool guests on it

'Comedy Bang Bang is a high-spirited get-together between host Scott Aukerman (“Mr. Show”, Producer of “Between Two Ferns”) and his funny friends! You can expect conversation, music, improv, games, and most importantly plugs'




It looks like I can officially call myself a podcaster as I am now working on three podcasts. Although, it never feels like work as I really love it. Here are my podcast projects.

Bad Book Project
It's now been an year since I started the Bad Book Project at The Marwood coffee shop and studios. Each month I get together a group of very funny people to read very bad books to the audience. Since the first night I have recorded each one and made it into a podcast. 



You can also follow the Bad Book Project on Facebook and Twitter

The Spectacular Comedy Podcast
Are you wanting to get into comedy? Want to know how comedians write and come up with ideas? Want to know some secrets? If yes, have a listen to the Spectacular Comedy Podcast.
 
Last year I wanted to start a chatty comedy podcast where I talk to my comedy friends and people I admire about their creative process of writing and performing. Plus, I wanted to be nosey and find out more about them. This was the Spectacular Podcast which is now the Spectacular Comedy Podcast and has had over 5,000 plays.




You can also subscribe on listen on iTunes and leave it some stars and a review if you fancy. I will be interviewing loads of people while I am up in Edinburgh in August for the Fringe Festival so lots of exciting episodes will be coming your way. 

Character Building
Doing two podcasts has also made me want to do a comedy based one incorporating characters and improvisation. I am doing comedy characters on stage and in my Brighton and Edinburgh Fringe shows, so why not bring these to the podcast world?! 


My idea is to call the new podcast, 'Character Building' as I also want to do a fringe show with the same name at some point. Watch this space!

I have listened to various podcasts for a couple of years and I really love them. The popularity of the podcast in the UK doesn't seem as huge as it is in America, but we are getting there.Try some new podcasts out and see what you think. They do help train or car journeys go by with ease and can just help you get through the day. If you have any recommendations put them in the comments below. 

Follow me on Twitter @_JPostlethwaite 
and Facebeook https://www.facebook.com/JanePostlethwaiteComedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment