2 Oct 2015

The Funny Women Final 2015 @funnywomen #FWAwards2015 #Spiritjunkie

On Wednesday 23 September I had one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I got to get up and travel to London to Kings Place and get reading for the Funny Women Finals 2015

I had already met the other finalists when we did the photoshoot a few weeks ago. I honestly can say we all got on like a house on fire and were all excited to see each other again. 

To find out about the other finalists go to http://funnywomen.com/2015/09/15/meet-the-funny-women-awards-finalists/

We got hair and make up done by the Benefit team. What a treat. Then we hung out in the green room until it was showtime! I managed to get a couple of interviews for my podcast so I will publish those very soon.


The audience was full and I heard it seated 400 people. That is the most I have EVER performed to. On two levels as well. There was a balcony. 


We got to meet the legend that is Kerry Godliman. I have seen her brilliant stand up set before at the Komedia in Brighton. Kerry is more popularly known from starring in the Ricky Gervais series of Derek



Spookily enough, I had been for a birthday lunch with myself the morning of the finals and I started talking to one of the staff in Iydea in Brighton who then turned out to be Kerry's cousin. Small world.  

I didn't end up winning the competition but the standard was very high this year. The overall winner was the fantastic Desiree Birch with runners up Helen Monk and Sarah Keyworth



My goal this year was to get to the finals and that is what I did so I am proud of myself! 

Read more about the Funny Women Finals at http://funnywomen.com/2015/09/24/your-2015-funny-women-awards-winner-is/ 

Here are some photos from the day taken by Photographer Tom Wren


























No comments:

Post a Comment