1 Aug 2015

I'm through to the @funnywomen finals! #FWAWARDS2015 #Brighton


Just to let you know (if you havent seen my twitter or facebook page) I won the Brighton semi-finals and I am through to the Funny Women finals in September. The finals are actually on my birthday on 23 September in London! I am so over the moon to get through this year. This is my third year of entering the competition and last year I came close by winning a wildcard that might of got my to the finals. 

This year was another tough semi-finals as the standard was so high. My comedy pals Roz Ryan and Catherine Heskey were also in the semi-finals. I am so lucky that everyone is so supportive on the Brighton comedy scene. I've been told to go to the finals and represent Brighton. Plus, more importantly represent my homeland of Cumbria!

I performed my character Joy Hope, who is a children's author and illustrator. The character was from my Brighton Fringe show, Made in Cumbria. 

I have worked so hard this year on my comedy and it means the world to me. Please cross your fingers for me for the finals. I'll keep you posted on what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment