5 May 2015

My Brighton Fringe Diary #22 My first show for Brighton Fringe 2015 done! #MyBrightonFringe2015 #MadeinCumbriashow #spiritjunkie

It's started! It's started! The Brighton Fringe has started. I am so excited. 

I kicked off my comedy viewing on Friday going to see Sklent with Fraser Geesin and John Tansey performing half an hour stand up each at the Caroline of Brunswick. Very funny! Then, on Saturday I went to see the fabulous Anna Morris in It's got to be perfect at The Quadrant. Excellent character comedy in the form of Georgina the Bride. Both of these are part of the Laughing Horse free fringe that I am also doing.


Fraser Geesin and John Tanse
As mentioned in my previous blog post, I am in love with the new Otherplace Productions venue for The Warren. They even do street food there so I am going to move in there for the whole of May. I went to see Kitten Killers in the Theatre Box on Saturday night. They are hilarious and really recommend you see them when you can. next time they are in London or Brighton. 

On Sunday I was part of the Lamb Comedy Chops show with various other comedians (and friends). The new venue has already been a success with sold out shows every night. Amy and Lulu (pictured below) have worked so hard.  So if you want to see shows there I recommend that you buy tickets in advance to avoid disappointment. I took Joy Hope out to play and the audience were fantastic.  

 
Lamb Comedy is based in the Nowhere Man cafe that is super duper trendy. I sound so 'un-trendy' saying super super, but to be honest with you I don't care. They have great gluten free cake too!  (The staff are super gorgeous too...shhhhhh)


I also went to see Dan Fardell's show, At least a hundred jokes at the Hobgoblin. Another packed audience and lots of laughs. 

I also had my first ever solo show of 'Made in Cumbria' yesterday and I couldn't have been happier with it for a first ever solo show. I went for a dress rehearsal in the morning at The Quadrant to get the timings and go through costume changes. This put my mind at rest as I was starting to have anxiety dreams about my show over running and not getting into my costume changes in time.

My many hours of meditating and visualising the room full of people paid off. The room was packed out in no time and I even had to turn some people away as there wasn't enough room. I couldn't have wished for a better audience of friendly faces. Thank you to you if you were in the audience. If you do come to see the other shows make sure you get there in time so you get a good seat. 

I really enjoyed it and was a bit overwhelmed at the end with my thank you speech. I was just so happy I got through the show and loved every second of it. It was so nice to talk to people afterwards. I even had some Cumbrian locals in! They now live in Brighton too.  They had seen my poster and decided to check it out. They said they could recognise the accent. Phew.

My other shows for Made in Cumbria are on Saturday 16 May at 7pm, Thursday 28 May at 7pm and Sunday 31 May at 5.45pm. Save the dates in your diary. 

I am not going to put too many photos up of my costumes as I don't want to spoil the surprises for you. Here is a photo of my brilliant first audience doing what I told them too. (Apart from that lady in blue)

  
I am also going to be in Le Cluck with two characters from my show. The first show is on Friday 8 May. You can get tickets for Le Cluck by clicking here. 



Please see my previous blog post for my top picks for the comedy at Brighton Fringe by clicking here.

Make sure you follow me on twitter @_JPostlethwaite On Instagram @_JPostlethwaite and on facebook at facebook/JanePostlethwaiteComedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment