4 Mar 2015

My Brighton Fringe Diary #11 #BrightonFringe brochure launch party #MyBrightonFringe2015 #MadeinCumbriashow #spiritjunkie

Last night I got myself dressed up for the official Brighton Fringe brochure launch and joined some of my comedy buddies to celebrate our shows that are now in print. Exciting!

I put on my zig-zag dress that I'd bought for a fourth date, a date that disappointingly never happened. Cue the violins. I made new Brighton Fringe memories with it instead. High fives all round. I added some red lipstick and wore my fabulous gold Designosaur Japanese Kinshachi Statement necklace. Sorted!


I knew I would be picking up loads of Brighton Fringe brochures for friends and family so I decided to make a fashion statement out of my Booths shopping bag. It was just the right size to carry loads of brochures so I, 'spruced it up and made it pretty' quote Portlandia sketch. I also, 'Put a bird on it'

Booths is my favourite store in the North. It's like Waitrose, but better. It stocks loads of local Cumbrian produce so it seemed fitting to use it as my Brighton Fringe show is called, 'Made in Cumbria'. 

The Lamb Comedy and Short & Girlie badges were added to my bag at the party. Lamb Comedy is a new and exciting comedy venue. The Short & Girlies are improv legends. Both are very active throughout the Brighton Fringe in May.







Julian Caddy did the speeches to thank all the sponsors and did a selfie with the audience. There are loads of sponsors this year and the festival is the biggest ever. We were told some facts such as, '293 Brighton Fringe shows will have swearing! 3 are suitable for kids.' There was also a birthday to celebrate.


The speeches were followed by some fantastic dancing from Beleza Brighton dance troop. Lulu Baker (Radio Reverb) and me had a lovely dance along amongst sequins and feathers. We felt underdressed! We were all then surprised with some fantastic dance moves from Mr Julian Caddy!!



I have this Instagram Video of some serious tassle shaking from Leandro Brizad, the founder and artistic director of Beleza Brighton.

I will be joining Lulu (see pic below) on Radio Reverb on Sunday talking about my show and celebrating International Women's Day.  A comedian (and one of my bestfriends), Vicky Gould will also be joining us and bringing her keyboard.



Other comedian friends that I ran into were Julie Jepson who is doing her show, Personal Triumph at Lamb Comedy. Also, Aidan Goatley who is doing his show, 10 Films with my Dad at The Dukebox Theatre and James McDonnell who has a show called, End at the Blue Man.(pictured in our worst ever selfie photo below)


 I also ran into Ali (pictured above with Aidan / below with Alice) and Alice from the Short & Girlie Show who will be located at The Verdict throughout the Brighton Fringe.


These things were also going on last night. Some bums, legs and boobs!




Here is the fabulous Cherry Shakewell, International Cabaret and London based burlesque performer doing her stuff to Gold Finger soundtrack. (pics below)



You can find my show in the Brighton Fringe brochure on page 27 with my free show, Made in Cumbria which will be at Laughing Horse at The Quadrant for four dates in May.






I left the party at 9.30pm and was tucked up in bed by 10.30pm after writing the bulk of this blog! I bet there are some very sore heads this morning. Thank you Brighton Fringe team for a great party, plus lovely food and drinks!

My next few blog posts will include some suggestions of what I think you should go see in the Brighton Fringe. Make sure you follow me on twitter @_JPostlethwaite On Instagram @_JPostlethwaite and on facebook at facebook/JanePostlethwaiteComedy 

I am using the following hashtags for my show #MadeinCumbriaShow and #MyBrightonFringe2015 

Don't forget to listen to Radio Reverb on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment