2 Mar 2013

Get down to the Spring Brighton Craftaganza #Brighton @craftaganza #craftaganza

 
I dragged myself out of my sick bed to go along to Craftaganza at the Fabrica Gallery in Brighton today. The Craftaganza craft market is always a treasure trove of goodies and with Mother's Day approaching it was the perfect place to buy a gift or two. There are loads of stalls with unique products and by attending/buying it is supporting local and independent makers and designers.  I got to say hello to some familiar faces and put some names to faces. See my pics below of a selection of the 36 stalls that were there. 

The Craftaganza market runs from Saturday 2 March - Sunday 3 March 10.30am - 5pm at The Fabrica Gallery. Plus, its totally FREE to get in.


Fed up of polite girly cushions? Make no excuses and say what you really think with these cushions from The Pink Minx designer Deborah Ewing. My favourites were, 'Fuck this shit' and 'Cock piss wank'. A good conversation starter, I always find.

Ladybird likes  stall has handmade jewellery and interesting stationary made from vintage papers and other beautiful finds. Most of my Mum's Christmas presents were from Ladybird Likes so i topped up my Mother's Day presents with some little bits.

The Shark Alley stall is where I got my main Mother's Day gift. I won't say what I bought in case my Mum reads this. (Hello Mum) As well as lovely jewellery, there were some cute Otters. (see below)



I got to say hello to the gorgeous Rosa from KatseShop, who I met the other week at the Plastic Fantastic event. Rosa's work is crafted laser cut and resin jewellery. She had been up since 5am to get to Brighton in time for the craft fair. Respect.
.

  
One half of my favourite Designosaur designers, Karli, was dressed up actually as a dinosaur behind her wonderful stall. If you go to Fabrica today please say hello.

I got to put a face to the name of Paul Stapleton who illustrates the BN1 A comic series all about Brighton. I have seen Paul's work on facebook for over a year now. (Hello Paul!) I continued to try twist his arm to write some kind of radio play about Brighton life based on his characters.(I once sent him a facebook message with this idea) If you don't know who I am talking about see his facebook page and check out his board game. 

 I like Cats is a great brand for anyone who, well, likes cats. Kind of says what it is in the title really. I bought some of the hand drawn kitty rings. I am keeping one and will be giving the others away as gifts to people I won't mention as it will spoil the surprise.

 
Always a pleasure to catch up with Brighton based Rock Cakes. Sarah was there with her gorgeous smile and jewellery to match! Again, say hello to her if you go along to the Fabrica Gallery this weekend.

 Hello DoDo have some very funky prints and once again I was able to put faces to names that I have only seen on the interwebs. A lovely Brighton based couple who screen print and have fun with it as their designs clearly show.


Please do pop down to the Fabrica Gallery in Brighton this weekend for the craft market and say hello to everyone. They are all very friendly. Support local and independent designers and makers. Find Craftaganza on Faceboook to keep up to date with the next events.


The Craftaganza market runs from Saturday 2 March - Sunday 3 March 10.30am - 5pm at The Fabrica Gallery. Plus, its totally FREE to get in.

I am going to tuck back into bed with a cuppa to watch, 'The Good Life' and recover from this yukky cold. Have a great weekend. x

1 comment:

  1. Really love this post Janet. Thanks for sharing from thousands of miles away. It's great to see what other makers are up to around the globe. Sorry to hear you're ill....and thanks for my gorgeous bday pressies! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete