22 Feb 2013

A Plastic Fantastic evening #PlasticFantastic at Porta Brighton @DesignosaurYEAH @BrightonPorta


On Thursday 21 February at 6pm (exactly) accompanied by my lovely friend, Lady Harding (below left), I popped along to the VIP Plastic Fantastic evening at Porta in Brighton to get a sneak preview of the Spring/Summer 2013 collections. 



Designers gathered in Porta's fabulous flamingo wallpapered basement room were Maggie Angus, Sugar Jones, Rosa Pietsch  and my favourite Brighton based designers Designosaur Yeah (Designosaur) We got to talk to the designers, have an exclusive shopping experience (with a bit of banter with the lovely Porta staff) and leave with a very generous goodie bag with pieces from all the designers.

 

Porta is one of the coolest shops along Bond Street in the North Laine. In Porta you will find a feast of gorgeous things, especially unique accessories, and you will want to wear it all. All at once. I bought a polar bear necklace. I blame the BBC for, 'The Polar Bear Family & Me' series for this purchase.



The new Designosaur collection included stunning Royal Pavilion necklaces which come in wood and cream perspex. I have put my order in for a cream necklace and aim to be wearing it for my next comedy outing. Watch this space. In the meantime peruse these photographs of last night. 



P.S I wore my Designosaur accessories with pride for my stand up gig at the Komedia a few weeks ago and I spread the word about how great they are to everyone who will listen to me.  Everyone loves a dinosaur. Especially when the dinosaur is huge, wooden and round my neck or gold, plastic and on my finger! Yeah. 

 





 



















 Goodie Bags! (Below)
 










No comments:

Post a Comment