23 Oct 2012

My busy comedy watching weekend




On Saturday I went to see the Funny Women show, part of the Brighton Comedy Festival at The Old Market Theatre in Hove. The show was a line up of very talented female comedians who entertained us with not only jokes, but some singing and dancing thrown in for good measure. I took a handful of female friends and we all loved it.

 
My Sunday evening was spent seeing Anna Morris’s Dolly Mixture at The Leicester Square Theatre. I wasn’t able to coordinate my tight Edinburgh festival schedule to squeeze her in so I was relieved to snap up tickets for one of her last chance London shows. Anna's next show is at The Hen & Chickens in Islington on Monday 29 October.




You can read both my reviews on the Funny Women website.

My next comedy jaunts will be in November to see Katherine Ryan at The Caroline of Brunswick in Brighton and then the screening of Sightseers along with a Q&A at the BFI in London. In the meantime I'll be watching lots of Swedish/Danish crime thrillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment